Sunday, January 21, 2024

Coconuts in Carolina

 * Transformation ~ Change *


We are settling in with a surf shack, built up in the sky like a treehouse on palmettos. How does one grow roots on the marsh? We take lessons from seagrass - we are becoming watery, will begin with paddleboards and take it from there. We will begin to feel the sunsets and see the stars. 


This is our first house, after so many incredible homes that have held me and Alex overlooking gardens, parks and canals, now we are investing in a little dream by the eco reserve a few minutes from the beach. Can coastal Carolinas transport us to Australia? how about Barbados? we are about to find out. #colonialtropical 


It took a month to wrap our heads around this big leap, but we still have yet to see who we will become. In Mallorca before moving here @madabarcelo gave me a transformation blessing. She saw me and we saw a planet and a palmetto in Port Pollensa and we cried a bit yet I was also so blind to how could I possibly transform, fresh from London, rooted in Spain with my heart split between California and somewhere sprinkled over light blue water anywhere it gathers. I was trying to be steady like a mast, not let myself loose like a sail! As rigid and strong as I can: like an inoperable coconut! Well let's see what this next little coco brings. ! 

 

So much building to do, so much transformation to come ... !

No comments: